- we (and I mean I) had a little fire in the kitchen Sunday afternoon. I was making a taco salad and decided to toast a tortilla to crumble on top. I've done it a million times before. Apparently, the toaster oven was fed up. It caught on fire--and I mean flames shooting out fire--and we had to toss it outside and fire extinguish it. I have a picture of the charred aftermath on my camera (no action shots, since I was a little busy at the moment), but I haven't loaded my pictures on the computer yet.
- I've had two sessions back in the clinics. I'm shadowing a doctor one morning a week at the VA. I've totally forgotten everything, but I am enjoying re-learning things. And interacting with patients totally recharges me.
- I am learning to understand patient frustration with the medical system. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and she wanted to test for some non-routine stuff in my bloodwork. Total exam time: ten minutes. Time in the waiting room: an hour. Time on the phone with insurance, then finding billing in the hospital to get a procedural code, then calling back insurance to make sure I don't have to pay the $800: two hours. Just awesome. But, I do like my doctor a lot, and I think she knows what she's doing, so I'm ok with it.
- Lab has been insanely busy. That's where all the time loss is coming from. I blink, and the week's over. I'm not going to get much of a break over the holidays, but I'm refusing to come in on Christmas day.
- Other random tidbits: My sister's home from California (though I haven't gotten to talk to her yet), Tim's work Christmas party is tonight (and it better be good, considering they kept my husband at work yesterday until 10:30 at night!), my last soccer game is Friday night....
- Oh yeah, and CHRISTMAS IS ON MONDAY!!!!! When the heck did that happen? Thank goodness we aren't buying gifts this year. I haven't made it out once. I do have to get a few gift cards for the Grandmas, but I'm hoping to have time for that on Saturday. And if I hadn't put the Christmas tree up on the one night I was free, it might've been a second year in a row we didn't decorate for Christmas. And that would've been sad.
So, maybe I'll get a chance to ramble a little more over break. I just wanted to say hey! I'm alive!, especially since the Christmas cards aren't going to happen after all. Now there's a shocker.