Friday, August 31, 2007

Blah

Thank goodness it's Friday. The week has just dragged by (well, at least the part I spend in lab has dragged). Since my cells all died last weekend, I've been growing new cells, but they won't be ready till Sunday. So, it's been boring.

It stinks too, because I had a lot of momentum going in the lab. That really doesn't happen all that often with me. It's not like I suddenly liked lab--let's not go crazy here!--but I was getting a lot done. That kept me motivated to keep going. Now that things have ground to a halt again, I've got to try and find that motivation.

It's especially hard since I know I've only got a few more weeks. I plan to work up till I can't anymore, either due to actually delivering the baby or because I'm put on bed rest (which I've had no indications for yet). But even then, it's going to be hard to get everything I want to get done in 6-7 weeks. So I sort of feel like giving up now, but I know I can't.

Yeah, anyway. It's just back to the old routine. At least I think I only have to come in Sunday this weekend, if all goes well. It'll be nice to have Monday off--tomorrow is booked with my cousin's wedding, Sunday will be lab, but Monday looks mostly open at this point. A definite plus.

I guess that's it for now. The weather is back to being beautiful--high 70s and sunny! I'm hoping getting out of lab and getting outside will boost my mood. It usually works pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment