Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On my way!

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. Things look good. I'm over a centimeter dilated and over 50% effaced. Woo Hoo!! The baby hasn't dropped yet, so she's not coming super soon, but I'm on my way. The only concern is that the doctor couldn't tell for sure what position the baby's in--there are two definite firm spots, one being the butt and the other the head, but she was thinking today that the head may be up. I've got an ultrasound tomorrow to see if she's breech. If she is, we'll try external cephalic version to turn her around. If that doesn't work, then I'm in for a c-section. But, no point in stressing about that yet.

Tim came to this appointment--his first with meeting the OB--and it was nice to have him there. We both got pretty excited to hear that we're progressing. Since she scheduled my next appointment for a week, it doesn't sound like she thinks I'm going to go into labor any time soon (my mom keeps saying--just make it past the baby shower on Saturday!). But, I think I might set up the car seat and pack my hospital bag tonight, just to be sure.

I'm pretty pumped. And I'm glad we get another ultrasound--it's always nice to see the baby and check on things. I don't know if they'll try to guess a weight on her (and even if they do, the low-level ultrasound measurements are notoriously off), but we'll get to make sure the placenta's in a good spot, etc. We haven't had an ultrasound since June 1, so it's been a while since we've gotten to take a peek.

It's making it very hard to focus and get any work done today. Plus, I had another mostly non-sleeping night last night, and as more of those nights string together, my days get foggier and foggier. But, I've got to try and get more done before I deliver.

Fun stuff. If I get an ultrasound pic, I'll post it tomorrow. Till then, here's hoping she's head down and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment