Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Still here

Just a quick note to say hey, I'm still alive. I've been busting butt in lab trying to get as much done as I can. Today may end up being a little less than a full day due to the fact that I am completely exhausted. I'm dizzy and tired, and I almost fell asleep into my lunch a few minutes ago. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and everything looked fine, so I know physically I'm doing ok.

I think I'm just worn out mentally. And probably a little bit worn out physically too. Saturday and Sunday turned into fairly busy days, but Monday was a complete waste of time. And I loved every minute of it. I watched Anne of Green Gables, did very minor housework, and just relaxed. I thought relaxing on Monday would be enough to recharge me, but judging by today, I'd have to say not so much.

I do realize that I am 6 weeks away from my due date, and that could be part of why I'm so exhausted. But at the same time, I've been fully functional throughout the pregnancy (minus the first trimester or so), so why slow down now? Especially when my boss is pushing harder than ever for me to get stuff done. I'll be in Saturday, there's no avoiding that, but we're having some of Tim's frat brothers and their wives/kids over for opening day on Sunday, so that day is off limits work wise.

I think I just need to knock off an hour or two early today and try to get a nap. I'm non-functional now anyway, so I might as well. I'm hoping this won't get too much worse in the coming weeks. But, if things do get worse, I've got to take care of myself. Normally I wouldn't care too much and just run myself ragged, but there's another person in the picture now. So, for her sake, I need to rest every now and again.

I don't like admitting that I'm weak and need help. Can you tell? It's a personality trait I've had to work on a great deal in this pregnancy. And for today, I think I need to throw in the towel.

Really, things are going well otherwise (pregnancy-related, anyway). So I can't complain about being tired. At least I don't have gestational diabetes, blood pressure issues, or one of the other million things that can go wrong. And as far as we know, we have a healthy baby. I'll just suck it up about the tiredness and be thankful that's the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment