Friday, October 05, 2007

Happy anniversary to me

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Tim was really hoping that the baby would come today. His reasoning was that then he only has one date to remember for two events, but considering how freakish he is at being able to remember dates anyway, I don't really think two dates is an issue for him.

So five years ago today, the remnants of Hurricane Lily had just swept through our area (it was a torrential downpour for our rehearsal dinner). I was so worried we'd have terrible weather for the ceremony and reception, but it was gorgeous. We had some great pictures taken outside. Overall, it was one of the greatest days of my life. I had been very uptight about planning everything up to that point (ask my family how many excel spreadsheets I had). But when the day came, we just went with it. There are moments in every wedding that don't go how you plan (our DJ, for instance, was not good at all). But we had a great time anyway, and hopefully that helped other people have a good time too.

The last five years have really flown. We still haven't been married as long as we dated (dated for nearly seven years), but so many of the important events in my life have happened in the last five years that it's hard for me to remember what life was like before. I wouldn't change it for anything.

So yeah, happy anniversary to us. I don't know if we're going to do the yearly anniversary tradition tonight--takeout Chinese food and cherry coke--but we'll come up with something. We're real romantics, can't you tell?

It's hard for me to think that every anniversary after this one, we'll be parents. I think we're going to work hard to be good parents and still have some us time too. We might not be really good at it right away, but it's something we're planning to work on.

Time sure flies. Well, it flies for everything but pregnancy--I feel like I've been pregnant for years! But I know--soon enough. She'll be here when she's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment