Thursday, October 11, 2007

I wish I knew...

So, everything I've ever heard is that, "you'll know when you're in labor, and if you have to ask, then you're not." Despite that, I have no idea if I'm in the beginning stages of labor, or if this could go on for another week or two.

After the doctor stripped my membranes yesterday morning, within a few hours my contractions were a little stronger. Not yet painful, but stronger. I stayed at work the whole day, but I had Tim pick up some last minute things from home just in case I went into labor at work and he had to meet me at the hospital. It turned out that wasn't necessary.

Last night the contractions felt more like increasing pressure. But again, not what I'd call painful. I took a little nap, and they I stayed up until about 11:30 or so hoping things would start moving. They didn't. So, I went to bed (anxious and excited, which doesn't lend itself to good sleep). At about 11:45, I had one good contraction, and I told myself that if I got another one like that, I'd start timing them. I didn't.

I did sleep decently (for me anyway). I woke up this morning with very weak contractions--more like the Braxton-Hicks I've been having for months. As soon as I got out of bed though, the pressure was back. Since then I've been up and moving around. I have occasional contractions with either cramping or pressure, but nothing painful, and they actually feel less strong than some of the ones I had last night.

I'm still home, at least till lunch, because I don't know what's going on. Are the contractions different than they have been? Yes. Are they painful? Not really. Are they regular? No. So, I don't think it's labor, but I do think it's a step in the right direction. The question now is: how long until real labor starts? I'm not even thinking about how long it'll be till the baby's born once labor does start. I just want to know how long till I go to the hospital! (And they keep me!) Once I'm there, the baby will be monitored, and there will be doctors and nurses to give me info. It's the lack of info killing me right now.

For now, I wait. I'm just hoping things get started soon. Today's Tim's dad's birthday. That'd be cool for her--I was actually born on my grandfather's birthday (my mom's dad). Really, any time is fine though. I'm not picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment