Monday, October 01, 2007

Still hanging around

I was back to work on Friday, and I'm back again today. Not fun, but considering I don't know when I'll go into real labor, I figured I'd better get some experiments up and running again before my boss has a heart attack.

I don't know when real labor is going to start, but I hope it's soon. I've been having near constant Braxton-Hicks contractions. Friday night they were so bad I didn't really sleep at all. They are very irritating, and it makes it extremely difficult to get comfortable, but they aren't what I would call painful. I do get some that start in my lower back, or give me crampy pain in my lower abdomen, but they aren't the real thing either.

I did get some sleep Saturday night--I went down to sleep on the couch, and I actually got about 7 hours straight of sleep. I haven't done that in months. I felt well rested for most of Sunday, which was great, but I was tired again by Sunday night. And it was back to tossing and turning all night long last night.

I know I was a little dilated and about 50% effaced nearly two weeks ago, and it's been over a week since I lost my mucus plug. I thought that meant things would be moving a little faster. Apparently, that isn't the case. I'm interested to see where I am at on Wednesday when my doctor checks me. Hopefully I've progressed. I have to say though--this time last week, when she was still breech, I woke up every morning with a feeling that labor was coming that day. Now that she's turned, I think we could be waiting a while. Of course, she's been moving around a lot, so I'm not sure she's 100% head down anymore. She's not totally breech again, but she feels like she's more transverse now. But, I don't think that means she can't get head down when she needs to. One more thing for the doctor to check Wednesday.

I'm definitely at that point where I just want to be done with the pregnancy. I know it's actually easier to take care of her now than it will be when she's born. But I'm antsy to meet her, and I'm tired of being pregnant. Besides, the nursery's ready now. We're packed and ready to go. We're prepared. Which means she'll probably take her sweet time.

And, I'm sick of work. My boss, whom I didn't see much of last week (thank goodness for that), is really antsy, and it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to wrap up some loose ends, but I don't want to start this next phase of experiments (that will likely take several months to complete) right before I go on leave. I'm nearly at a good break point. But, I don't think he understands that. I've accepted that I won't have as much done as I wanted to initially before I go on leave. It sucks, but that's life. Unfortunately, he's not of the same mind, so it's frustrating to talk to him about my project. Another reason that the sooner I go into labor, the better.

Anyway, I'm just hanging in there today. I'm very tired, and the contractions are irritating. But, I've got my cells treated for Wednesday's experiment, and I've got seminar at four. At least the end is in sight. For today, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment