Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The weekly update

Today's stats: still 70% effaced and -1 station, like last week. I'm 3 cm dilated now, which is a little more. And she stripped my membranes, which she said has been shown to not necessarily start labor immediately, but it does prevent people going past their due date. Another MSTP was telling me that she went into her appointment not dilated or effaced at all, had her membranes stripped (by the same doctor), and she was in labor 12 hours later. On message boards and things, it sounds like sometimes it takes a few days, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

She said that maybe it'll increase the strength of my contractions. I've been having regular contractions for weeks, but they aren't painful. So, they aren't labor. But, if this works and my contractions do increase in strength, then maybe I'll be able to be admitted.

The doctor had me schedule my appointment for next week, but she said she may see me before then. I am hoping! But, I don't want to get too excited. I at least want to have a couple of real contractions before I start making plans.

So, again we wait. At least the weather's better (only going to be mid-50s the rest of the week, instead of 90). And I have things to do in lab today (not that I want to), so maybe I can keep myself distracted.

If anything changes, I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment