Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yeargh

Life has been insanely busy the last week or so. Work is kicking my butt, although none of my experiments are working. I just keep at it--the last time this happened, they just started working again for no apparent reason. So I'm trying not to lose hope.

Sophie is growing daily. I really feel like she grows overnight. She is such a sweet, good-natured baby. She smiles all the time, and if she cries, you know something is bothering her. We finally got her to sleep in the crib Sunday night. I wake up several times a night now, just to listen to her and make sure she's ok. When she was in the bassinet next to the bed, I could even hear her breathe. Now, even with the baby monitor, I worry that I am missing something. The monitor is actually really good, way better than when we were kids, but I still worry. The other night, I woke up at two in the morning, convinced I was hearing her cry. She was sound asleep. Go figure.

Things have been non-stop around here. We were busy with family stuff all weekend. It's always great to see people, but it really wears me down. I actually fell asleep in an armchair with Sophie at Tim's family's shindig on Saturday. I'm just worn.

It looks like things will continue at this pace for at least the next week or two. I know at some point I'll have time to just relax. For now, though, I'm not even keeping up with the basics like dishes or laundry. Thank God my mom cooks for us, or we might starve. It's that hectic. Tim's back to classes two nights a week, getting home near 9 or so, and he's been working late the other nights. It's near impossible to get anything done when I'm the only one home. We did make it out to Target as a family on Monday night to get the basics (diapers, diapers, and more diapers). But Sophie doesn't last long in the store, plus we only take her out when the weather is pretty warm (it was near 50 Monday, and it's in the teens today). So that means we don't go out often or for long.

Overall though, life is good. We had the buyers do the home inspection on the old house Saturday morning. We're still waiting to get a copy of the report, but it sounds like there aren't any deal breakers. We may start hauling furniture this weekend.

Anyway, just a quick post to let you know I'm alive. Hopefully, things will give me a break sometime soon, and I can actually put together a coherent post. Then again, why start now?

1 comment:

  1. I know things are crazy, I'm right in the same boat with the work-school-household chores dilemma. It's bittersweet that there's no baby in my picture, but when the time is a little "more right" that will change.

    I've got this Saturday off work, and I work 7am-4pm on Sunday, so if you need a hand hauling furniture, please do give me a call and I'll be more than happy to help.

    ReplyDelete