Thursday, February 14, 2008

The haircut

I meant to put this up when I did it, but things have been busy. In the midst of all this house drama (which is still ongoing, despite apparently being semi-resolved last week), lab stress, and general feelings of inadequacy, I decided it was time to do something positive. I had been planning to cut my hair and donate it to locks of love. The original thought was to wait until April or so in order to have my 10 inches for Lock of Love and still have enough left over for it not to be too short.

Well, on Saturday the 3rd, I decided heck with it. I had Jen straighten it, and my mom chopped it off:

There's the straightened version


Almost 20 inches long. That should leave me plenty left over, right?

The pigtails.

The first cut. Can I change my mind?


Too late now!

Sophie wearing my pigtails. A vision of the future, maybe?


The final product (hey, it's not perfect, but what do you want for 11 o'clock last night?)

It definitely took some getting used to, and I think another couple of inches would make the adjustment easier, but I do have to say: it's drastically cut down on the amount of time I need to get ready in the morning. And it's just hair. It'll always grow back.

I wanted to do something different, and I guess this is my pseudo-rebelling without any real consequences. I've even got some red-brown hair dye I may try out in the near future. I just wanted to do something a little light hearted in the midst of all the stressful stuff. And I feel like it helped.

Unfortunately, some poor child is now going to be stuck with my hair. Hopefully Locks of Love can treat it and make it more manageable somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 PM

    Bg,

    You are beautiful no matter what the length your hair is (and Sophie looks pretty cute with those second-hand pigtails!)

    Love.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so cute short! i love it!

    ReplyDelete