Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sleep

Ok, I just totally fell asleep at my desk while I was reading an article--like spread out all over my laptop fell asleep :) Thank goodness it's just me in the lab today. I haven't been getting more than an hour or two of sleep a night (Sophie's been fussy for unknown reasons) and my week has been totally non-stop.

I did give my Grand Rounds talk last night, so that's one biggie off my plate. I still have to do a presentation for journal club next week, finish my rough draft of this current paper for my committee (and I am way behind on this one) and still keep up with the two different sets of experiments I have going on.

Plus, I have a dinner with two of my high school friends tonight, and considering how tough it is to get our schedules to work out, I don't want to cancel. And Tim's in Richmond today and tomorrow, and then he gets home late Friday only to have an all-day class for work on Saturday. And then we are having dinner at his parent's house Sunday afternoon-evening. So there is no break in sight.

I am really starting to feel the effects of stress/no sleep. I'm starting to get a little bit of blurry vision, I am totally unable to concentrate, and now I'm having random sleep attacks at my desk! I keep telling myself that sometime, I'll get a full night's sleep again. I haven't had one in over a year, but I usually can at least net 4-5 hours. This 1-2 hours stuff is killing me!

Anyway, I've had lots of things to talk about, but no time to do so. Hopefully that'll change sometime soon. For now, it's off to get a diet Dr. Pepper to stay awake. Here's hoping caffeine helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment