Wednesday, May 07, 2008

More to come

Just wanted to drop a line and give a quick update.

After much frustration and many more phone calls than it should have taken, it appears that this house sale will go through. We didn't get confirmation that the lending bank was going ahead with the loan until Monday, and the title company didn't give us our (large) number for our closing check until yesterday. And they want us to sign the papers tonight, with the buyers signing theirs tomorrow and the house transferring on Friday. Last minute much? I understand some people may have large sums of money in their accounts, ready to write big closing checks at any time. We are not those people. We tried to tell them we needed lead time to get our finances together (aka so we wouldn't be bouncing checks all over), but apparently that doesn't matter much to them.

Our realtor has been pretty much no help in this, and the title agency has been downright snippy on occasion. Nonetheless, we are nearing the home stretch. We moved the big furniture out of the house this weekend. Tim dropped off the garage door openers and keys last night, so theoretically we have no reason to go over there ever again.

I didn't go with Tim to see the house last night. I just couldn't do it. I've gotten to a very stoic place with all of this, and I think being in the empty house would've caused me to lose it. I did write a letter to the old house--something I started before the last sale fell through--so maybe I'll finish that and post it. I don't know. This has been the most stressful year of my life, and I'm eager to move on. That's how I cope--just move on.

In other news, lab is sucking royally. None of my experiments are working, and now my antibodies have just stopped working. They were all from the same hybridoma culture. I've done all the tests, and I know it's the primary (versus the secondary antibody or my ECL or something like that), so now I have to regrow my cultures and hope that works. Ugh.

My boss is going to be at a national meeting next Thursday and Friday to listen to Kim's presentation, so I am thinking maybe Tim and I will take Friday off and just chill. There's really a lot I need to get done, both in lab and at home, but I think we are due for just a day with nothing. We could both use it.

More thoughtful stuff later maybe. For now, I've got to take care of my cells and get ready to sign away the old house tonight. It's always something, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment