Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Trying to keep up

I'm trying to post at least once a week, just so I don't have one of those "oh-crap-I'm-so-far-behind" posts. I'm hoping things are looking up. Family stuff has calmed down quite a bit. I went to my second Al-Anon meeting on Monday, and I'm patiently trying to absorb what others are saying until I have my own thoughts sorted out. Lab is lab--there were issues with my June stipend, as expected, but hopefully we have that sorted out. And I also got an experiment to work last week for the first time in six months. I'm doing two more IPs at the moment, and I have my fingers crossed for them.

I'm super busy right now, but it's more of the day to day busy that the huge life drama busy I've had for the last few months. That's not to say life is drama-free, but whose is?

I'm picking up Sophie's pictures from the Wal-Mart studio today. Hopefully they don't suck. I'll scan them in and post them as soon as I get a minute.

And of course, being as preoccupied as I have been, I planned my experiments this week to take me to Friday. Except Friday is the 4th of July. And a day off. Or, it was supposed to be. Oh well. And I have to come in over the weekend to take care of my cells. I'll be gone Monday and Tuesday of next week for the yearly MSTP retreat, so my cells need food between Friday and Wednesday. And then Tim goes out of town again next week once I'm home from the retreat.

We keep trying to find a weekend to get up to his parent's camp in PA. But somehow, every weekend gets filled with stuff. I guess I can rest when I'm dead. So I suppose I should be thankful I'm busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment