Thursday, October 09, 2008

Mid-week thanksgiving

Sometimes spontaneous surprises are the best. My mom called Tuesday night and said she had bought a big turkey and needed a few extra mouths to help her eat it Wednesday night. Never one to turn down a home-cooked meal, I made plans to attend. I didn't know the rest of my family did as well.

It's usually impossible to get all of us in one place, even with weeks of planning, but last night was a total mid-week Thanksgiving. Mom, dad, me, Tim, Sophie, Jason, Kim (and baby-on-the-way), Jen, and Joe were all there. We missed Amy, but she sent us a video from California, so she was there with us in a way. It was so nice to see everyone and have a chance to catch up. We all have so many individual issues we are dealing with--it's rejuvenating to spend some fun time and just relax.

Plus, dinner was excellent. I don't eat turkey much, but the fixings were fantastic.

I was so exhausted yesterday. I had hoped for a nap at my mom's house, but Sophie didn't cooperate. She's been up at night every night since Saturday. No fever yet, but I'm worried we've got another ear infection on the horizon. We all had some GI stuff over the weekend (which contributed to Sophie's record of two blow out poops in one day of daycare on Monday). And she's teething. And she has a cold. So, it could be nearly anything keeping her up.

And Tuesday night, I was up till 2 AM working on my proposal. That ultimately didn't need to be ready for Wednesday. Geesh.

I'm still exhausted. But, I've gotten rather used to that feeling. I think life will be in major upheaval mode for the next few months. There's been a lot of tension with switching labs, which I don't want to get into. I still think I am making the right decision, but that doesn't mean I don't second guess myself on occasion.

Anyway, nothing earth shattering in this post. I'm still working my butt off, but hopefully I'll have some new pictures to post early next week.

Also, on an unrelated note, I've gotten several calls/emails/questions about doing the drugstore game and saving money. If there's enough interest, I can devote a whole post (or maybe a series of posts) to how I do it. I use a lot of help from other websites, which I can give to you, but you'll at least get my perspective on things. What do you think: would you like to hear about more deals?

More interesting posts in the future, I promise. For now, back to work.

1 comment:

  1. More money saving tips please!

    :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete