Friday, July 10, 2009

My lucky number

Well, the estimate to fix my body work from the deer collision is $1400. That's exactly what I spent the day before the deer to get my struts replaced. I guess that is my lucky number (or unlucky number) this week. It looks like we do have to pay the deductible, which isn't great, but for how much was damaged/out of whack with my car, $500 for the deductible is better than paying out of pocket. This thing gets driven until it dies though!

Funny--there are at least four of us at work in need of cars or actively car shopping. We keep joking that maybe we need a group discount.

But again, in the big scheme of things, this is painful but not a killer.

Actually, there was a very good article on Yahoo today about how people respond to adversity. You can read it here. I read Laura Rowley's articles fairly frequently, and they are usually pretty interesting. It really gives some good perspective on an internal versus external locus of control. I'm pretty resilient by nature, so even though I might sulk for a minute, I generally move right into action/response. I fully believe that everything happens for a reason. I try to figure out what the lesson is in everything, and while sometimes I can't find anything useful (and just have to let those times roll off my back), I have found lots of learning opportunities in my life. There's one advantage to constantly making mistakes--I almost never make the same mistake twice. I just find new and different mistakes to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment