Friday, February 12, 2010

Better

I had my OB appointment today, and my sugar was fine--100 mg/dl 1-2 hrs after eating breakfast. Normal. I'm still watching what I eat, but the doc is happy, so I'm happy. I wish I was sleeping, and we talked about how working non-stop is not helping my stress level, but for the moment there isn't a lot I can do about it.

I'm trying very hard to keep things in perspective. Lack of sleep plus pregnancy hormones doesn't help with that. I think Tim would testify that I'm pretty even keeled, despite the crazy hormones, but every now and then I just hit a funk. The next few weeks are going to be very busy for both of us, but I'm trying to just breathe and get through it as best I can.

I'm looking forward to an MSTP mommies meet-up at a friend's place this weekend. I'm going to head over there after I'm finished in the lab tomorrow, and Tim has graciously agreed to watch Sophie a little longer than planned so I can be social. I think I just need to get out a little more. It is amazing what an hour or two of socializing can do for me! I feel bad about taking that time away from Sophie and Tim, especially because I've been seeing so little of them recently (getting home at 8 PM will do that), but a few hours once a month is time I need to stay sane.

Tim and I both want to take a day off together during the week after my committee meeting/his project. I don't know what we'll do, but I think we both need it. We were able to go out for dinner last weekend while my parents watched Sophie--it was nice to share a meal and not have to rush so the toddler doesn't have a meltdown.  I need some girl time with Sophie too in the near future, and I'm trying to think of something fun (and warm) that we could enjoy together. She loves the zoo, so maybe we'll hit the rainforest exhibit (indoors) one of the weekends after my meeting.

I am trying to keep things in perspective. It's not the easiest thing, but I am working on it.

And I am going to have another baby in less than three months, so I better get this worked out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment