Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good intentions

It's 2 AM, and I am up working on my paper. Josh cried all day today, barely sleeping at all. And then we had dinner at my parent's house (which was very nice) since my brother is leaving for California for the summer tomorrow night.

So here I sit, sleep deprived, battling a nasty cold/sore throat, and waiting for Josh's next outburst so I can feed him again. I really don't know at this point how rational my writing is, so I'm curious to read what I've written tonight. But, my boss wants it out, and I'm starting to have a bit of a panic attack every time I think about my time deadlines, so the late night sessions may have to increase.

I wish I could say that I'll make up for it by napping during the day. Unfortunately, that's a lie. I haven't gotten a single nap since Josh has been born. So much for sleeping when the baby sleeps. Actually, I try to follow his schedule, but he's so feisty during the day that he doesn't sleep for long (unless I am holding him, and then I can't sleep anyway).

I'm a little worried he has colic, but I'm crossing my fingers he's just had a bad few days. Sunday night was really bad--after my cousin and her husband left, he cried for hours. Terrible piercing, angry wails. We couldn't get him to calm down for anything. Tim finally had to drive him around the neighborhood until he fell asleep. Josh is just a vocal guy, I guess. Sophie was such an easy baby compared to him! Had we started with this, we may not have had another baby.

Back to the paper, for now. Maybe I'll get to sleep yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment